Thursday, August 12, 2010

8/12/2010 Thursday

Today was a pretty quiet day.  The temperature is 116 degrees with the heat index.  I was feeling the heat today!  I was a bit worried about keeping the kids out in the heat very long today,lots of people in the hospital here with heat stroke.  We stayed around the hotel in the morning and early afternoon until heading out for a bit. 

 

We had quite a bit of laundry piled up so we headed with our facilitator, LiLi to a local laundry shop where we met Mr. Love.  Hopefully we can get the picture posted.  Many of you know that traditionally Chinese have young childdren in pants split from front to back for early potty training, when and where ever they need to go.  We met Mr. Love at the laundry shop.  Twenty-two months today with a little outfit that said LOVE across the bum, actually it said LO  VE!

 

We ventured to the outskirts of Nanjing to the Purple Mountains and visited Ming's Tomb.  It was guarded by stone carved animals that lined the main walkway.  Each of the six types of animals had a guarding pair and a resting pair so that the Tomb was guarded day and night.  During the Ming Dynasty when the area was created there were 10,000 plum trees planted in the area and 1,000 deer lived on the grounds.

 

Had a bit of a voltage issue today.  I plugged my flat iron into the wall and very quickly smelled something burning.  I had accidentally set it on the case and it had burned it, so I asked Baylee to grab me a washcloth to wipe the burnt black plastic.  It wouldn't wipe off and the smell got worse and then it started smoking.  Then I realized it was melting in my hands.  I guess universal outlets aren't completely fool proof.  My flat iron is history, thankfully I didn't take down the entire Holiday Inn with it.

 

Tomorrow we get Addisyn's passport then Saturday we are off to JiNan to get Sam.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment