Sunday, August 8, 2010

We're in China!

Well, after a long series of flights and layovers, we made it to Nanjing!  We got to our hotel around 1pm local time and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening trying to stay awake to switch around to local time.  The girls worked out and we all went swimming.  Yes, I even went in the pool and swam.  It is hot and humid so the pool felt great.  It was close to a full size 25 meter pool, the entire pool just 3 feet deep.

 

Afterward, we cleaned up and ventured out to find something to eat. Much to my surprise and delight, we found a Starbuck's about 50 feet from our hotel.  Truly a Godsend for me!

 

Tomorrow is supposed to be "Gotcha Day" for Addisyn.  I have to admit I am pretty nervous as of right now.  It is about 8:20pm and we haven't heard from anyone from the agency.  Last year we were met at the hotel and given an itinerary for the week.  It told us what we were doing each day and if necessary, what time we needed to be ready in the morning.  On "Gotcha Day" for Xia we had to be ready in the lobby pretty early, probably 9 or 10 am.  So, you would think we would have heard from someone but of course I don't have anyway to contact them.  I have contacted our agency in the states but it was the middle of the night.  I will hopefully get a hold of them tonight and everything will be just fine.  I am really trying really hard to stay calm and have faith it will all work out just fine.

 

Baylee and Hayden are being troopers.  Hayden crashed at 7:30 tonight.  It has been a long day and a half.  They are as anxious as I am!

 

Hopefully we will have more to report and pictures tomorrow!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment