Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Introducing Addisyn MeiLing Smith

We are now official! 

Yan Ling Long is now officially Addisyn MeiLing Smith.

Today was the adoption registration day.  We went back to the civil affairs building and I was interviewed by the Provincial Officer and then signed and notarized the adoption decree.  Now we just wait for her passport.  We should get that on Friday and then we leave for JiNan on Saturday. 

Addisyn is doing really well.  She is very independent and confident and has just a little sass about her.  There was no crying or sadness today, she has been very engaged with all of us.  We are getting a better understanding of her hearing loss and her hearing aids, etc.  I was very surprised that she got to keep her hearing aids.  I was always under the impression that they weren't hers, they belonged to the orphanage.  Someone must have donated them to her though.  They seem to fit her fairly well, but it will be interesting to get her hearing evaluated back at home.  When she doesn't have the hearing aids in, I don't think she hears much.  She is also very loud like she doesn't have any concept of how loud she is, kind of like when someone talks when they have their earphones in.  When she has hear hearing aids in though, she responds to people and can imitate words.  In that sense she seems to have more language than most deaf people or just clearer language.  I am hardly the expert though.  I also have no experience with hearing aids, so that is something we are going to have to understand a bit more about.  Addisyn has changed the batteries twice in her left hearing aid and once in her right in the 24 plus hours that we have had her.  That doesn't  seem right.  A lot of times you can hear this high pitch ringing coming from the hearing aids.  That would drive me crazy and seems like it would cause hearing  loss.

Once again, I have to say it just feels right.  We have been blessed with another beautiful daughter.  I have heard many times before, aren't you afraid you are pushing your luck.  I suppose meaning, that we have been so fortunate with the children we have adopted into our family.  I truly believe it is the opposite.  We have faith that God wants these children in our family and he is the one making everything just right.  As one of my favorite songs says...

That's what Faith can do.... ~ Kutless

I am disappointed that my pictures aren't posting, hopefully we can get that figured out by me emailing Tom the pictures and he can post them by editing my posts.  I would just love to share this beautiful girl with all of you.  Plus we are getting pretty anxious to get Sam in our arms as well!

I am exhausted though so I better get to bed, we have to be ready by 9 am tomorrow.  I think I sort of drive our guide crazy with my "not early" approach to everything.  You tell me to be ready at 9:00,  I'll be ready at 9:00 but not 8:55.  Today, LiLi was calling all over the hotel 15 minutes before we were supposed to meet her because we weren't in our room.  We were finishing breakfast and were going to just go from breakfast to the hotel lobby.  She had called our room several times, the restaurant and the fitness room.  She told me she was afraid we had gone swimming.  Like we would go swimming when we were supposed to be signing adoption papers! 

Until tomorrow.....



No comments:

Post a Comment