Thursday, August 26, 2010

Swearing In Ceremony at US Consulate

I don't know where the time goes.  I feel like I don't have time to even get on the computer some days.

 

So yesterday was supposed to be Addisyn's swearing in ceremony at the consulate, followed by Sam's the next day.  Sam's coordinator had turned his paperwork into the consulate early in the day and we got a call that his was going to be at the same time.  Good you may say, but a wave of panic arose as it was the going to be the mixing of the agencies, families and coordinators.  It turned out just fine, however and they were sworn in together.  We couldn't take pictures because it was the US Consulate.  I took one just before we went through security facing out towards the window and they made me erase the picture, luckily I figured out how to erase one photo.  I also tried to take one outside but the security guard was on me in a flash.  I really wasn't trying to cause problems, I just wanted one picture.  Probably is why we don't have one of Kennedy, Xia or Reese at the consulate either!

 

What a huge relief that part is all over and I didn't end up in a Chinese prison!

Another long story!

 

I have to share a couple more English Translations that made us chuckle:

 

(From the bathroom at the US Consulate)

Please don't flush and rush away.~not sure what that one means, maybe make sure the toilet flushes?!

Please keep feet on the ground not on the toilet seat.~squatty potty world

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment